Google
 

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

INSTANT Strategy - Think It, Plan It, Do It!

Trevor writes:

Following on from my thoughts expressed in simplify, Simplify, SIMPLIFY ..1 ..2 ..3 , I have found myself beginning to apply what I have been terming to myself as 'INSTANT Strategy' principles to simplify the initial scoping of some complex strategy thinking for a pending joint venture deal.

While swimming at the gym this morning (where I do a lot of my thinking) the mantra kept going through my mind: 'Think It, Plan It, Do It', 'Think It, Plan It, Do It', 'Think It, Plan It, Do It'. After 40 lengths of that... it starts to stick.. ;-)

It just strikes me that if one wanted a simple ..1 ..2 ..3 description of the term INSTANT Strategy then Think It, Plan It, Do It does a pretty good job.

Having then also written If You Think It, It's Probably Already Been THUNKED , it was natural for me to go and do an advanced Google search to see how many sites refer to the term 'instant strategy'... and the answer is: '..about 1,880'. And surprisingly, the same advanced search on "think it plan it do it" unveils only '..about 80' sites.

Which means that the two terms appear pretty rarely in the tons and tons of intellectual thinking and concept collaborations on the web. So we might be onto something here.

As a back-up, the thought came to me that 'Think It, Map It, Do It' might lend a visual connotation to the above phrase, although I do believe that 'Think It, Plan It, Do It' needs very little explanation for almost everybody. 'Map It' might need more explanation as it can lead to overly-intellectual discussion on landscaping and business models.

The closest links that refer to the above 'Think It,..' phrase are http://think-plan-do.net/ ; http://www.tipidi.com/ ; Joomla! by Think IT, Plan IT, Do IT Enterprises, LLC. Also found this comment by one Bill Castell who talks of: 'We are adept at real-time decision-making, instant strategy, and sound-bite communication..'.

I presume that he is talking of the apparent need for speed in an instant-coffee, instant-everything society... which aligns with my gut feel that people will enjoy the fleshing out of a concept called INSTANT Strategy.

Remind me to talk about the 'iceberg approach to instant strategy' thought that hit me on about my 25th length of the pool.

Regards
Trevor Nel - 011 - 705-2790 - www.innercircleforum.com
trevor@innercircleforum.com

No comments: